Saturday, April 7, 2012

Beach in a bottle

So I've been digging wavy hair recently, especially wavy hair that takes essentially no time to do. That being said, I wanted to find a way to make my hair a wee bit wavier in the mornings without having to shower and wait for it to dry (mama needs her sleep). Of course, the best wavy hair comes after a day at the beach, so I decided to try and capture the beach from my humble abode in a landlocked state.

First, I found a spray bottle and rinsed it out a few times. I have sea salt sitting proudly on top of my fridge so I grabbed that and poured a healthy amount into said bottle. Then, squeezed some moisturizing conditioner for good measure and filled the rest with warm water. A little shake, shake, shake and then I began spritzing. And yes, I went a little overboard because I figured, why not essentially soak my hair for the best results and yes, I'm still waiting on it to dry but I can already see the curls and I am a happy camper.

Here's my hair after, in all its sea sprayed glory

I should put out there that my hair was slightly wavy before but no where near what it is now. And it was slightly dirty, as in rinsed last night after washing yesterday. I wanted to put those both out there so if you try this and it doesn't work, at all, you don't blame me. And if I try this on Monday morning and just get crunchy hair before work, well, sorry co-workers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment