Tuesday, April 5, 2011

But look at who's right beside you
When you're alone barely holding on
You leave your worries behind you
You're not alone in the dark
--Alexz Johnson


I love Alexz Johnson's voice. It is incredible so if you're needing new music, go check out her newest single Look At Those Eyes off her soon to be re-released album, Voodoo. The lyrics above ring true and I encourage you to think about your last moment of sadness or your last few days of upset. The ones that stuck beside you, even when you were whining about the same thing, unable to see the light at the end of the tunnel? They're the ones this blog post is dedicated to.

I have an incredible support group and I thank God for it everyday. Sometimes, i.e. lately, I get annoyed because they're not around and I count on them and need them as much as I do. These are the people that will tell me the same thing over and over in different ways, or listen to me rant and vent over and over about the same thing and still be at the other end of the line.

And these are the people that you don't realize are in your support circle until you find your way to each other again. When they send you a random text to hang out on a Saturday night or help you narrow down your desires and goals in the workplace and what kind of a job you're really looking for. They're the ones that make you realize you're not really as alone as you feel.

I wish there was more time in the day. 26 hours would do it. I feel like I could get a lot done with an extra two hours in the evening, finish the dishes and get some of my thoughts down on paper with some guitar chords to accompany them. I miss having time to do that. I suppose I still need to settle into a routine and once that happens, I'll find some extra time at night to write a quick song or chapter in a book. I leave you with a link to the incredible song quoted above....


0 comments:

Post a Comment