Sunday, July 29, 2012




We've all been there in one way or another, visiting the infamous Friend Zone, but here's what I don't understand - "they" say the best relationships come after being friends, so how do you avoid the friend zone but still be friends?

I will admit that I've put guys in the friend zone, and I've been put there myself. Sometimes it's the zone of I-like-you-but-not-right-now and other times it's the I-don't-know-how-to-tell-you-I-don't-like-you zone. Part of me thinks the idea of it is simply an excuse, a cop out when you really don't want to have that talk because let's be honest, you're not going to reciprocate feelings for everyone. Sometimes they really are just a friend.

But, let's say you are one of the unlucky few who are in the friend zone because of outside circumstances. Half of the party is kind of seeing someone that isn't you, maybe someone just got out of a relationship and isn't ready to dive back into the dating game. Regardless, it's not the right time and boom, there's the friend zone. Is it possible to hover between a relationship and friends without entering the dreaded friend zone? And if you do get zoned, is it possible to get out of it?

I feel like it's pretty hard to be a Champion of the Friend Zone like Jim Halpert. It's one of those, once you're in Dodge, you're not getting out. But if you do make it out alive, you deserve the person on your arm and a gold medal. And if you don't make it out, you got a great friend out of it, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment