Wednesday, August 15, 2012





Preach, Joseph. 


I've said the above, or something close, many times before and I'm sure I'll say it many more to come (sorry!), but it has become such a prevalent idea in my life, I can't stop repeating it. I used to love planning - outings, social gatherings, my Saturday down to the time slots. Now, I despise it. You ask me to plan a trip, odds are it won't get done. The only reason I have my vacation booked is because I did it the second I thought about it.

I was that girl who had her life planned out to a T and was determined to see it through. Funny thing happened, though - none of it worked out. That job I thought I wanted after college? Didn't get it. The idea that I wanted to be married by 25? Changed completely. The job I did get changed me completely and frankly, I can't even imagine being married right now. Growing up, being in your twenties sounds so old. You assume that you'll have your life and everything in it together by/during that decade, but I'm finding (at least for me) that's nowhere true. I love working at the company I do and living in the state I am, but I know neither of these are permanent, nor would I want them to be.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life and where I want that to happen and who with. At this point, I've adopted a very laissez-faire attitude towards my life and can only hope I continue that. I went from wanting everything to be right on time, right on schedule to the complete opposite end, accepting that when things have lined up and the time is right, everything will work out. I've truly given up what I planned and put faith in the Big Guy up top to guide me, knowing He will present me with the right opportunities at the right time. 

So my advice to you is to stop living the life you think you want and simply start living your life. The rest will come and you'll be happier than ever.



0 comments:

Post a Comment