Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Beat of My Drum


Nicola Roberts - Beat of My Drum


Above is my current song for summer, an awesome track recorded by Nicola Roberts (of Girls Aloud fame) and produced by Diplo (worked with Chris Brown, MIA, etc). It is the perfect song for summer, with its infectious beat and chant-like chorus. The perfect song to blast while driving with your windows down or laying by the pool.

Nicola comes from being the shy, "outcast" of Girls Aloud and has truly stepped into her own. She chose to not follow in bandmates Cheryl Cole and Nadine Coyle's footsteps of the R&B route and instead chose to make this little diddy, perfect for dance parties and lazy days alike. There's something about it; it gets in my head and leaves me singing "L.O.VE. Dance to the beat of my drum!" while sweeping the floors or walking to my car. I can already see myself getting ready with my girlfriends with Nicola's album, Cinderella's Eyes (out October 3rd) blaring.

If you haven't gone out and bought this lovely single, you need to do so. There's also an incredible b-side, Porcelain Heart, that is just as good if not better then the piece of pop perfection found above. So go check it out and thank me later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment