Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras



It's been a week of trials and changes but it could not have ended with a better change. Once again, the light of my life, my sweet Teddy has absorbed the fluid in his abdomen. He looks like the 9 month puppy he should and I can't help smile when I look at him. Watching him prance down the sidewalk or go up the stairs is just what I needed.

I realized earlier, on our first walk of the day, that a person who always liked dogs but never had that kind of a connection with a dog, had found her doggie soulmate with Ted. I always knew it but today, walking in step with him, it was an aha moment. He knows my emotions and doesn't ask questions. He truly has made the transition and changes in my life these past few months easier and I cannot imagine what it would have been like had he not been there.

I can only hope the lack of fluid in his abdomen can give his liver what it needs to regenerate and help it become fully functional, though I know it is unwise. I will instead enjoy the time that I have my energetic puppy back and keep doing everything I can to keep him that way.


the love of my life

0 comments:

Post a Comment