Thursday, March 10, 2011

First-timer

These past two weeks have had a lot of firsts for me. My first real job offer, my first acceptance, my first time moving cities, knowing I'd be there for a while. The list goes on.

Last night, as I pulled the sheets back on my air mattress, I realized another first. The first night in my first, very own apartment. Not one that I shared, not staying at home while the parents were out of town. My place, all alone. I expected to feel some fear, perhaps some sadness, but I was surprised at how calm I was. Believe you me, I enjoyed the milestone, but I suppose I was expecting to feel something more.

David and I grabbed a pizza last night at The Wedge Pizzeria on Western and loved it. The restaurant itself was a bit small but it had a great vibe to it and I'm pretty sure the owner was our waiter. He took great care of us and helped us with the menu. If you're ever in Okc, it's a must. It's something I'm getting used to, having all these new places to try and being so close to so many options. Which is weird to say considering I lived in Houston and had a plethora of options but this is different. This is that downtown feel and I really love it. Going 5 minutes right on Western and being in Uptown or going left on Walker and being in downtown in 3.

And now, empty boxes have been put into one of my many closets and the living room looks pretty bare. I want a futon. The table and chairs can wait, I want somewhere for guests to sit and crashers to sleep. Anyone have a spare?

0 comments:

Post a Comment