Monday, March 7, 2011



"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason"--Carrie Bradshaw



It's so much easier to read this quote and heed its advice now that the confusion in my life is seeming to dissipate. I suppose that's the reason we have those confusing, complicated, out-of-your-control times- in order to enjoy life when things come together.

To say things have changed since my last post would be a slight understatement. I have watched my puppy miraculously dispel the fluid in his abdomen one week (and then retain fluid a few weeks later), interviewed for a job and actually gotten an offer that I have taken, and in turn begun the move to Oklahoma City. Just a week ago at this time I had finished the interview and was enjoying a happy hour beer at O'Connell's for Kevin's birthday, contemplating what I would do if I got the offer. And here I am, with as much stuff from my room that I could fit in my car, trying to find a place to live. A week ago I was living at home, anxious to get out. Now I'm about to live on my own and am feeling a rather overwhelming sense of homesickness. Just my luck.

I should think that after 23 years of life, I would really grasp the concept that everything's greener on the other side because time and time again, it proves to be true. At any point in my life, a job was always a great idea, the money was so appetizing but once the job came, I loathed the fact that I didn't have time for my life according to my schedule. My last year of college, all I wanted was to get out and start working. I was sick of the exams and the studying. Now, as my adult life is approaching at an alarming speed, all I want is to be back in college, not having to worry about finding a place to live close to work, in my price range, with this and that, etc. Darn you grass, why can't you be green all the time? And here I am, out on my own as I have wanted so badly these past few months, yet wanting to be back in the comfort of that 3 windowed, blue room with my dog cuddled up to me, waiting to eat dinner with the parents.

Maybe as I grow older and hopefully wiser, I will finally be able to truly live in the moment. To know that when things go wrong, there's a reason and that things will somehow correct themselves. To laugh it off with a razztini in hand and simply enjoy my surroundings. I don't know if I'll ever truly be that carefree but it's nice to think that the next time nothing lines up, I'll remember that eventually, they will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment