Tuesday, January 6, 2015

7 Day Detox: Day 3

I wasn't exaggerating when I said everything in my life & social circle seems to revolve around alcohol! Maybe an hour after posting Sunday, a friend texted and asked if I wanted to get beers or dinner. Thankfully, after having talked about loving puzzles only last week, she also put that forth as an option, which I happily accepted.Yesterday, after having told them about my detox before I even wrote that first post, two friends chose to send Snapchats of their evenings, complete with booze. Then another friend offered to buy me margaritas.

I held strong.

So here we are, day 3, and all I can think is how clean and refreshed my body must be. I imagine it's swimming in a crystal clear lake and can count all ten toes while giggling at the fish that swim by. Or that my insides have just finished running a marathon and looked like a supermodel while doing it. Yes, my body must be perfect now.

...I'm sorry, it's only been how many days? Less than 72 hours you say? Damn. Maybe my body is still wringing out the toxins then.

I will admit, I am pleasantly surprised with how easy it's been. Sure, seeing my friend have a glass of wine while watching The Bachelor made me want to shove my cuddling dog from my lap and immediately do the same thing (I don't even watch that show) but the point is, I didn't.

You can start engraving my trophy now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment