Thursday, January 8, 2015

7 Day Detox: Day 5

It happened yesterday. The moment I had been waiting for. 3 o'clock came, co-workers started discussing their post work plans that involved happy hours and my mouth started salivating. A draft beer sounded so delicious and all I could think was, It's been a hard day, one won't be so bad. It was the moment I said to myself, A beer would be nice, I deserve it, that I really shut.it.down.


Hold up! Since when did a busy, challenging day warrant a drink? Since when was I the person that wanted to go home and have a drink instead of getting in a good workout or cooking a yummy dinner? Who have I become?!

In that moment, I decided to realign my priorities during this detox and focus on my health and well-being. The fact that getting a drink to cap off my day was a bigger priority than doing anything else is a bigger issue to me, so much so that I'm going to make this 7 day detox a 14 day detox and really commit to it. I'm sure with the additional week I'll have a ton of opportunities to share my socialization around booze without consuming it, so get excited.

Instead of doing any drinking, I went home, worked out, took down all the Christmas decorations and took my dog to a friend's to play. WHAT a good dog owner I am! And those were all things that would not have taken place had I opted to slip a brewski into a koozie and park it on the couch. This detox could not have come at a better time.

I hope I turn into one of those super healthy people who only put organic and God grown foods in their mouth and practices yoga so much that they can hold Crow pose for hours on end. I definitely think that's where this detox is heading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment