Sunday, January 4, 2015

7 Day Detox: Day 1

Alright readers, I've decided. A week long detox from alcohol that, in a perfect world, will go longer. Seven days without alcohol? That's easy, you say. And theoretically, it is. I'm by no means addicted to booze, but as single female in her twenties, most of the social activities among friends consist of getting drinks, drinking at dinner, or hanging out with drinks. It all comes back to beer and booze.

That being said, I'm going to rock these next seven day sans alcohol without becoming a recluse. You want to meet up for margaritas after work? Let's go see a movie instead. Go get drinks after the game on Friday? Let's go bowling. I'll blog about all of it - from my friends demanding we get margaritas as I sit there pretending my lemon water is that wonderfully frozen concoction (seriously, they're fantastic) to suddenly thinking a Corona sounds delish after seeing it on TV (way to advertise, Ceveceria Modelo).

Again, I can't stress enough that this detox is born out of the seemingly constant presence of booze in my social situations. I want to get back to the days where putting a puzzle together and catching up was welcomed, or watching the game meant making queso, not punch. This blog will hold me accountable, because now that it's out there, how embarrassing it would be to fail.

Looks like I need to go buy a puzzle...


0 comments:

Post a Comment