Monday, January 31, 2011

Just stop



“Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens.” --Carrie Bradshaw


I found this quote yesterday and it struck a chord with me. At this point in my life, I really need to heed Carrie's advice. Stop remembering the past or waiting for the future and just let it be. I don't know if I'll ever get a job or how much longer my puppy will be alive but I need to make a point to enjoy the now and let everything else just fall into place.

Of course, this would be a great excuse to be lackadaisical about almost everything but I'll do my best to not let that happen. Living at home, while it's been so great and kind of my parents, has provided me that constant motivation to find a job and get my own place. And I once thought I could live in limbo for a while and enjoy the time off. Ha!

What is it you need to let happen on its own?

0 comments:

Post a Comment